Monday, May 13, 2013

Baby Shower

We weren't sure the weather was going to hold out for us to hold my sister's baby shower over the weekend.  We had to move some decorations inside while the weather made up its mind and covered the tables with trash bags but alas, it turned out to be a gorgeous day!  My mom and I decided to hold the shower for both the mom and dad-to-be because everyone was traveling so far to come celebrate and we figured it would be great to have a party with spouses and kids too.  

The tiffany blue and orange theme came together beautifully.  We made yummy "Tiffany Blue Punch" (non alcoholic) which was a huge hit and had some champagne drinks for those of us who were able to consume alcohol. 

I would have to say that my proudest "accomplishment" of the day was the diaper golf caddy that I made.  After searching pinterest high and low for ideas on diaper cakes, I figured the golf bag was best suited because dad-to-be eats, breathes and sleeps golf.  Believe it or not, it was fairly easy to make.  Check out below for instructions.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm so excited about the Diaper Golf Caddy that I made for my sister's baby shower.  Here is how I did it:

  1. Roll up individual diapers and secure with each with a rubber band
  2. Make 4 clusters of 12 diapers (3 in the center, surrounded by 9 more diapers) in the shape of a cylinder and secure with another rubber band (or 2).
  3. Stack all 4 cylinder clusters on top of each other so the diapers in each cluster line up.
  4. Slide 3 plastic golf clubs (I found mine at Walmart (similar here) and it also came with plastic golf balls and a plastic caddy that I was able to give to mommy & daddy-to-be later as a toy for baby) through each cluster.  This will secure all of the clusters together.
  5. Wrap ribbon around each of the clusters as to hide the rubber bands.
  6. Secure a pacifier around one of the top clusters so the handle is facing outward.
  7. Slip a washcloth through the handle of the pacifier
  8. Place baby booties on top of golf clubs
  9. Create a stand (I used the cardboard part of a hanger that you get back from the dry cleaner. Just remove the cardboard from the rest of the hanger and bend in half.  I didn't secure this to the diaper caddy but it held up wonderfully and was easily placed almost anywhere to hold the caddy).




3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, awesome, wonderful.. I truly thiink is an amazing gift. Daddies that love to golf will think it's awesome. Thank you for your instructions. I will never get to look like this, however, I will have fun trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the AWESOME idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do the stacks of diapers stay as one big bag? Support on the bottom?

    ReplyDelete